In Medicinal Chemistry, small molecule organic compounds are designed, synthesized, and optimized through an iterative process in order to generate and develop new bio-active molecules (i.e., drugs) that are potent, safe and effective. NJ Bio can provide services to support this drug discovery and development process from lead generation through scale-up. Specifically, our services include:
- Hit screening and hit validation by BioNMR.
- Lead generation
- Lead optimization
The advantages of using NJ Bio for your medicinal chemistry needs include:
- Combination of experience and state-of-the-art facility to deliver clinical candidates
- Rapid and efficient resource deployment to enable “first-to-file”
- Seamless progression from Lead Generation/Lead Optimization to scale-ups
- Expertise in difficult protein-protein interaction inhibitors
- Verification of screening hits by BioNMR.
Our medicinal chemistry services can be provided as Blended FTE Model with our partners at Amar Chemistry in India. In a typical medicinal chemistry hit-to-lead project, the scaffold preparation and compound library synthesis would be conducted in India, while the preparation of the lead candidates as well as the in-vitro assays would be performed in the USA.