NJ Bio is constantly expanding its team of dedicated and expert scientists and currently has the following job openings:
Director – Biology
Job Location: North Brunswick, New Jersey
We seek to hire a Director of Biology to lead a team of protein engineers and molecular biologists. The qualified candidate is a highly motivated, self-managed, interactive and creative individual with strong background in the antibody/protein engineering, antibody-drug conjugate technology, cell-based functional bioassays, and FACS analysis. The candidate will be an experienced team leader who can mentor and manage other scientists at MS/PhD level. Industry experience from a CRO or biotechnology company is desirable. The qualified candidate will make decisions based on an understanding of client program goals and actively contribute to ongoing and future collaborations with multiple partners in the design, development and execution of projects. Good time management and multi-tasking skills in order to complete multiple projects within timelines as well as the ability to design and deliver novel solutions to challenging problems are required. The candidate will be expected to effectively collaborate with colleagues in the chemistry group to identify and prioritize opportunities for biotherapeutic development.
- Ph.D. in biology, molecular biology or related discipline plus 7+ years of related experience as pharmaceutical industry investigator.
- Strong background in antibody/protein engineering and molecular biology with emphasis on cell-based assays.
- Experience in monoclonal antibody design & development, protein biophysical characterization and have an extensive knowledge of analytical methods, FPLC, HPLC, UPLC and mass spectrometry.
- Working knowledge in mammalian cell culture including 3D cell culture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work in a highly interactive team environment.
- Works creatively with partners to support complex scientific projects.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Management/supervisory experience is essential.
NJ Bio offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!