NJ Bio’s bioconjugation team has successfully prepared multiple antibody- and protein-drug-conjugates and is led by experienced industry professionals with demonstrated expertise in bioconjugations from milligram R&D scale up to multi-gram-scale, including material for clinical trials.
Our experts can guide you through the selection of an initial linker-payload panel, consisting of constructs with different modes of action and/or conjugation methods (e.g., SMCC-DM1, mc-vc-PAB-MMAE, tesirine/talirine) for proof-of-concept studies and on toward conjugation with custom-designed constructs for your specific requirements. For clinical trial conjugates, NJ Bio can advise on and support tech transfer to CMOs and is also currently establishing a cGMP bioconjugation suite at is Bristol, PA location itself.
NJ Bio can offer a wide variety of toxins (payloads) for the preparation of linker-payloads for bioconjugates (e.g., analogs of PBD dimer, duocarmycin, auristatins, maytansines, exatecan, SN-38).
Screening of conjugates is supported by NJ Bio’s functional assay services which currently include 2D and 3D cytotoxicity assays, antibody-dependent cell-mediated cytotoxicity determination (ADCC), and immunoassays (ELISA).
The prepared conjugates will be characterized conforming to current industry standards using our in-house instrumentation (e.g., Waters Xevo-G2 TOF, Waters Acquity LC). Standard characterization includes: (1) DAR by SEC-MS, RP-MS, or HIC; (2) aggregation percentage by SEC; (3) concentration by UV; (4) residual toxin by LC-MS; and (5) endotoxin by LAL assay.
NJ Bio’s bioconjugation services are constantly expanding and currently include the preparation of:
- Antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs)
- Protein- and peptide drug conjugates
- Carrier protein conjugates (e.g., with KLH, BSA, OVA)
- Oligonucleotide conjugates
- PEGylated proteins
- Other conjugates (e.g., fluorescent dye labelled, biotinylated, derivatized with chelators)
Anatomy of an Antibody-Drug Conjugate (ADC)
NJ Bio can perform antibody-drug conjugations using the following methods/technologies:
- Stochastic Conjugations
- Cysteine conjugation (interchain; using maleimide, haloacetyl, rebridging, and other approaches)
- Lysine conjugation (e.g., using NHS ester, TFP ester, Traut’s reagent)
- Site-Specific Conjugations
- Conjugation to engineered cysteines (e.g., ThioMAB type conjugations)
- Conjugation to engineered non-natural amino acids (e.g., via Click, oxime, hydrazide, and other chemistries)
- Enzymatic conjugations (e.g., using transglutaminase)
For standard (stochastic) lysine and cysteine conjugations, NJ Bio is also pleased to offer an expeditious and cost-effective Express Conjugation Service to its clients.
Details of Express Conjugation Service